Group Training Sessions
Pawsitive Pup Training collaborates with local organizations for group classes. If you would like to sign-up for a virtual or in-person group class with Kristina you can do so directly through PAWS Chicago Training Center.
Private Training Sessions
We will work with you to create a training plan customized for your needs and goals. Please contact us for more information on rates and availability.
New Training Clients: An initial virtual assessment or in-person visit will include a 90-minute session with you and your pet, an introduction to solutions to address your needs, and a recommendation for future training. Additional training sessions are 1 hour and can be conducted in-home, at another location based on your needs (e.g. at a park for reactivity to squirrels or out on a walk for polite leash walking) or virtually.
Each session includes:
- Tailored session to your needs and goals
- Working with your pet and family to demonstrate training techniques
- Email support to address questions and concerns
- Relevant educational handouts and reading material
- Customized follow-up and training plan summary
Private dog training sessions are offered to address the following needs:
- Basic Training – Initial manners and cues training for puppy manners and socialization, adult dog manner training, and common behavior issue needs.
- Moderate Complexity/Multiple Animal Home – Intermediate manner training, sessions with multiple animals, and training to address moderate complexity behavior issues such as resource guarding and reactivity.
- Advanced Complexity/Behavior Modification – Training to address reactivity, fear, anxiety and/or advanced manner training. Behavior modification support to be offered in conjunction with your veterinarian or a veterinary behaviorist when recommended. *Please note that we may refer you to a Veterinary Behaviorist for aggression or extreme fear cases that require this expertise.
- New Dog Package – 3 sessions plus intro training supplies to help address the needs you desire to address with your new family member.
- Pre-adoption Consultation – Evaluation of a dog at a rescue/breeder, guidance to prepare for bringing a new dog home, assistance introducing the new dog to your family (people and pets), and introduction to positive reinforcement training.
- “Head Start” Training – This training approach includes me working with your dog multiple sessions per week, then additionally with you and your pup together at agreed-upon intervals. This service allows your dog to learn a foundation of skills with an expert trainer that can be transferred to you for maintenance of these desired behaviors. You can observe as many of the dog only sessions as desired.
- New Baby Prep – This training includes sessions before and after your child arrives to help prepare you and your pup for the addition.
- AKC Canine Good Citizen (CGC) Certification & Therapy Dog Preparation – Preparation for and evaluation for the AKC CGC Certification as well as support for those who wish to pursue therapy dog certification.
- Beyond Manners Training – Training can support dogs who love to learn but already know basic manners. These sessions focus on learning a new sport or activity such as agility, nose work, or tricks, as well as evaluation for titles where appropriate.
Cat Behavior Support – Training support for feline behavior issues to be tailored to issues and needs.
Hedgehog Behavior Support – Training support for hedgie to be tailored to issues and needs.
*Please contact us with any questions about pricing or for services that may vary from what is listed. All Pawsitive Pup Training sessions come with e-mail and phone support, as well as written training plans to help you succeed.